Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Aftercare Chaplain, Operation Heal Our Patriots (OHOP)
at Samaritan's Purse
Are you an experienced ministry or counseling professional with a heart for our nation’s Veterans and their families? As a Regional Aftercare Chaplain with Operation Heal Our Patriots (OHOP) in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, you will be responsible for continued ministry to Veterans and Spouses following their return from our Alaska-based Operation Heal Our Patriots Retreat. For an opportunity to serve those who have sacrificed much for our Nation, put your talents to use for a cause with eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Initiates contact with each couple within their region by phone to establish a relationship soon after they have completed their week in Alaska.
- Ensures regular contact with each alumni couple by phone, email and/or letter.
- Provides pastoral care and marriage counseling to each couple, as required.
- Travels approximately 72 days per year to visit alumni couples in major crisis.
- Provides chaplain support in Alaska as needed.
- Facilitates gatherings throughout the region, ensuring each couple has opportunity to attend at least one every six months.
- Leads marriage retreats in assigned region, Alaska, and other regions as required.
- Cultivates relationships with churches and volunteers throughout the region in order to develop a reservoir of referral options for families within assigned region.
- Provides summary information to OHOP Discipleship and Education Manager.
- Stays informed on treatment methodologies and assists with Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) matters through continued professional education related to PTS and TBI.
- Maintains a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution of higher learning required; Master’s Degree from accredited institution of Christian religious training preferred.
- One year (or 12 credit hours) of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Experience in individual and group Christian counseling.
- Ordination from recognized Christian denomination.
- Proven abilities in program development.
- Effective public speaking skills.
- Prior military experience or military chaplain experience preferred.
- This position will serve in our OHOP Headquarters Office in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina.
- May be called upon to serve up to six weeks during our Alaska summer season.
Employees who choose to work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the area and nationwide
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)